Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

DIY Handpainted Floor: Bring Your Love



It's getting close to Valentine's Day; one of my most favorite holidays ever! I just love love. You know?

I started painting some sappy love quote I came up with on our entry way floor, then never finished.I figured, Valentine's Day is coming up, so why not finish the freaking floor? And I did. 

First, I drew out letters onto the floor with a marker. I originally used latex paint and painted out the letters. I washed the floor once and some of the paint peeled up. 

This time I used oil-based porch and floor paint (which I used on our dining room table and our kitchen and dining room floors). I outlined the letters with frog tape to help with the edges and to help speed up the process. 





This is not a project for the faint-hearted. I think it took me two hours to tape the letters off, and even with frog tape there was some leakage. That may have to do with the fact that our floor isn't completely level. Whatev. I'm okay with imperfection, so I left it. It's going to get all walked on anyway!






4 comments:

  1. Your creativity amazes me - and then you ability to hang in there with a (very) hard project is also amazing. LOVE the result! (hahaha! -I'm so much fun, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the coolest use of the quote/text home decorating trend I have ever seen. You are truly fab. When you're done with your house, wanna come help me look awesome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and YES! That would be so much fun.

      Delete