Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm Not a Real Artist



I’m not a real artist, but I like painted pictures. The only thing is, my pictures look like they were drawn by a five year old. I’m okay with it.

Whenever we have leftover whatever, I’m always like, “Keep that, I might want it later.” I feel like a hoarder. But really, I might use it later. DON’T THROW IT AWAY! My Honeypie has learned to keep just about everything. Yay!

We had some leftover scrap wood, I had some spare time on my hands (wut?), and I thought to myself, “Self, let’s paint a picture.”

I didn't like the way they lines ended up, so I added a small one. If I had been thinking ahead, I would have done three even lines in the first place. It is what it is.


Super simple!

I liked this one a lot, so I made another one the next day, but less involved. Kind of.

This time I painted the whole board white.

I made a “stencil” out of a file folder, taped it on the wood, sprayed it with Krylon metallic spray paint and bam. Instant cloud. Then I hand painted some pretty, kindergarten-esque raindrops.



They are going to live in our room...which is currently undergoing some furniture awesomeness. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment