Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mail Time, Mail Time, Mail Time!!!

I bought a mailbox for our new house this past week. Yay! but I thought it was kind of boring. I decided to make it "cute." *


I didn't think about my address being on the mailbox/internet...durh.






This is what it ended up looking like:


I used chipboard stickers and stuck them on the mailbox...Unfortunately, I didn't stick some of them on well enough (as you can see in above picture) and paint got in underneath. Now, if I really cared enough, I could take a paintbrush and fix it with white paint. I don't know if I care that much :)



*I actually think it turned out kind of gross, but My Honeypie and brother and two younger sisters all liked it so...We'll keep it!


On a more awesome note I scored this baby:




For FREEEEE!!!


I'm gonna make it pretty!


 

3 comments:

  1. I like that you got the BIG mail box. I think it looks cute and shabby-chic the way it turned out. And when you consider all the *other* mail boxes on your road, this one looks like a million bucks! ...and now I have the mail time song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I have the song stuck in my head too...but the only part I can remember is "mail time, mail time, mail time"

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] remember how I got this awesome rocking chair for free from my wonderful sister-in law? Notice the hole in the seat. Her husband's bony [...]

    ReplyDelete