Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Paint Speaks to Me

I've always wanted to be one of those people that name the paint...you know, you go to the store, get totally bored, walk over to the paint section and start reading the paint chips? Eggplant Sunrise, Unicorn Surprise, Mandarin Glory...Okay, yeah, I haven't ever come across paint chips named like that, but if I named the paint....Dirty Worm, Leafy Toad, Mist of Darkness...You get the idea.

There are some pretty great paint chip names out there already:

-"Sensuous Pear"-Better Homes and Gardens. I think this might be my favo.
-"Sunwashed Kelp"-also Better Homes and Gardens
-"Exotic Peacock Plume"-Wal-Mart?
-"Icy Peppermint Vinca"-also Wal-Mart? (apparently Vinca means Periwinkle? I think.)
-and lastly, "Amphibian" -Behr. Just as a side note, with a name like "Amphibian" you'd totally think it was in the green color family right? No. It's gray. Like charcoal. Whatev.

We haven't done much in the way of construction on our house the past week, but it has given me time to look at paint samples. I love paint samples! My Honeypie has literally pulled me away from all the paint chips because, "We have to go..." Oh responsibility. I was looking through Behr's exterior paint collection and cutting out the colors I liked when My Honeypie suddenly said, "I like that one."

[caption id="attachment_127" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Behr Pacific Mist"][/caption]

I didn't even know he was looking. It's a very faint blue...like a mist! Hence the name. We decided that it (if paint sample prove to be what we want on the house) will be the main body color.

We decided on white for the trim on the house...honestly, I chose this paint for the name, "Daisy White". Daisies are my favorite flower! I couldn't resist. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 'regular' white and Daisy White. Who cares?

[caption id="attachment_128" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Behr Daisy White"][/caption]

Lastly we chose a darker blue for the doors and a few of the accents on the house.

[caption id="attachment_129" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Behr Teal Wave"][/caption]

We'll see how we like the paint samples on the real thing!




[caption id="attachment_130" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Behr paint samples"][/caption]

3 comments:

  1. I adore your paint selections. And my daughters >still< want to come help you paint. In fact, Yvy said today, "Is Aunt Alisha's house done yet?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I know I previously said that we already chose the paint colors we want for our house…but I may have changed my [...]

    ReplyDelete