Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

I Can't Help Dreaming Just a Little Bit.

Thinking grossly in advance here...but one day we are going to build ourselves a porch! Yes! I love, love, love big, wide porches--wide is a must. You must have enough space to put out a couple of chairs or benches and be able to stretch out your feet without them falling off the edge. This isn't a big deal for me. I'm only 5 foot 2. but for those taller than I...well, let's just say the porch has to be wide. That is not a fat joke.

Here are some I love:




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="it's just so wide!"]cottage porch[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="448" caption="cute furniture"]Enjoy the romantic wrap-around porch at Suite Elizabeth at the Victorian Mansion.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="410" caption="see, this porch is a bit small, but I love the corbels!"]front porch[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="450" caption="wide!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="Indoor front porch. I *adore* this floor."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="358" caption="Now this is a little bit of what I want--a gorgeous porch with a sweet awesome pergola."][/caption]

So that's what I want: a wide front porch with a pergola attached. Possibly with a blue floor. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. oh yes! something lovely and leisurely. and pergola! (that was the word I couldn't remember)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] floor! Very fun and vintage. I had already contemplated the idea of painting our porch floor when we build it. I have also contemplated painting one of the “kid” bedroom [...]

    ReplyDelete