Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sing Us a Song

You're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us all feelin' all right


-Billy Joel


Such a lovely song...and such a lovely surprise:




[caption id="attachment_113" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="piano"][/caption]

Yes!! That's right. I got a piano. For FREE. Now the person who gave it to me really doesn't want me to paint it, but it was my intention to have a painted piano all along. Now the question is: what color? I can't really do yellow even though I would *love* to do yellow, but I already decided that YELLOW is the color we are going to paint the well pump outside. I have several ideas posted here. I am also thinking of adding some pretty wood appliques like these:

[caption id="attachment_114" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="amazon.com"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_115" align="aligncenter" width="237" caption="hobbylobby.com"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_116" align="aligncenter" width="237" caption="hobbylobby.com"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_117" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="google.com"][/caption]

 

I think so!



 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Alisha! Paint it for sure, something fabulous like teal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a nice rich black walnut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wood appliques, yes! and I am not sure if my vision of loveliness is the same as yours, but I like the idea of blond wood with detail-painted appliques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] cannot help myself. Remember how I got this piano for free? Well, I stripped and sanded it (repeat like, 5 times) and then I painted it blue. I love [...]

    ReplyDelete